Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fruit Pizza

Yesterday, Kyle had a "team meeting" at work. It was his turn to bring a snack for the group, so since I would be home in the afternoon, I asked if I could make something & bring it up to him at work! He gave in and I was excited to make a yummy dessert.  FRUIT PIZZA. I have been wanting to make a patriotic fruit pizza with the fruit arranged in the shape of a flag or star, so this was my excuse to finally make it. 

I'm not huge on creating my own recipes, instead, I like to get inspiration from other wonderful cooks & adopt their delicious recipes for my own. :) However, just for kicks, I decided to post the recipe and pictures of this deliciousness....

FRUIT PIZZA
1 log of Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
1/3 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
8 oz. cream cheese
lots of yummy fruit (chopped)

First, spread out the cookie dough on a flat surface.  Roll until it is flat & shape in in a circle.  Bake it for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. (Be careful not to cook it for too long! Then, it will be hard)



While the dough is baking in the oven, put the cream cheese, sugar & vanilla in a bowl.  Mix it until fluffy.
(I love my Kitchen Aid Mixer...thanks to Kyle's Na Na for passing it down to me!)

Choose fruits that you like and that have a lot of color. More color = more fun.



Once the dough has been baked, let it cool for about 30 minutes.  Once cooled, spread the cream cheese mix on the cookie. Then, have a ball creating an artistic masterpiece with your vibrant fruit! I experiemented a little and this is how mine turned out....can you say, yumm?


I attempted to make mine patriotic with the star in the middle. Plus, it was fun stacking the blueberries on top of each other. :) Hope you enjoyed this little recipe. Maybe you can create your own, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment