Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Road trip & Great friends

Over Memorial Day weekend, Kyle and I had the privilege of seeing some of our best friends! We took a little road trip to Louisiana and then to East Texas.  It was so much fun to see great friends, eat good food & just enjoy the weekend! 

Our first stop was Shreveport, Louisiana. My very best friend of all time was visiting Shreveport with her husband! Joseph and Courtney live in Wilmore, Kentucky (really far away!) Joseph is in Seminary and Courtney is getting her Masters in Social Work from Asbury College.  They traveled to Shreveport over Memorial Day Weekend to visit some of Joseph's family. We absolutely wouldn't miss the chance to see them since they were so close to Dallas! 

Joseph & Courtney invited us to attend the annual "Patty Crawfish Boil."  So, Kyle and I truly got to experience a Louisiana Saturday Night! Joseph's family was so gracious to welcome us into their family gathering. They taught us the "proper" way to eat crawfish. We had fun playing washers, chasing around the cute little kiddos and hanging out altogether. 

They had huge ice chests full of boiled crawfish, corn and potatoes. I had never seen anything like it before! 


I have to say, I don't know if crawfish is my favorite thing to eat....but I did try a few! Mom, are you proud? I'm trying new things....=)



We had so much fun seeing Joseph & Courtney! The last time I saw Courtney was on my wedding day (9 months ago!), so this reunion was necessary and absolutely wonderful! Even though she lives so far away, we still remain to be the best of friends.  She's one of those friends you can trust with anything, she's there 110% of the time, and she loves me despite my imperfections. She speaks truth into my life and is a prayer warrior when I need it the most, all the way from Kentucky. =)  Friends like this are few and far between...I consider myself unconditionally blessed to have her in my life.  I love you Courtney Rebekah! 





After we left Shreveport, we traveled to the "Rolling K Ranch" near Tyler, Texas for our second stop of the trip! Clayton and Ashley Kendall were so kind to invite us to join them.  The Kendall's Ranch has always been one of Kyle's favorite places to go, but this was my first time.  Kyle would always tell me how beautiful and peaceful it was out there, but words can't even describe the beauty until you experience it for yourself....













Thanks for letting us enjoy the ranch, Kendall family!
Can't wait to come back sometime soon. =) 


 "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands..." 
Psalm 19:1


"Be still and know that I am God; 
I will be exalted among the nations, 
I will be exalted in the Earth."
Psalm 46:10


Be Blessed!
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment