It's all combined into this one delicious recipe!
Now I absolutely cannot take credit for this deliciousness!
This salsa was so yummy, I decided I had to share it with you guys...
The recipe came from a Cooking Light magazine. You can view it online, here .
I found this over the weekend & tried it out last night as an appetizer before dinner.
It was a huge hit with the hubs and myself, as well!
This salsa is the perfect way to wrap up the end of summer
...you have to try it!
The above photo is from the website, and the below photos are my own thanks to my iphone camera. :)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 (6-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped peeled ripe avocado (about 2)
- 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. To prepare chips, brush oil evenly over one side of each tortilla. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over oil-coated sides of tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 12 wedges; arrange wedges in a single layer on two baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until crisp.
- 3. Combine avocado and remaining ingredients; stir gently to combine. Serve with chips.
** It makes about 12 servings and takes about 20 minutes to make.
*Warning: If you don't like your salsa too spicey, be extra careful to get all of the seeds out of the jalapeno before chopping! If not, you may end up teary eyed and chugging a glass of water....just sayin! :)