Friday, May 4, 2012

{The Best} Chicken Fried Rice

So, this week has turned into my own "copy-cat week of recipes!" Thanks to sweet blog-friends (and friends in real life!) I've gotten to try out the deliciousness they've created in the kitchen...

I love chicken fried rice, but everytime I attempt to make it, it literally looks and tastes like MUSH. Not even kidding. So, when my friend Amy at Fresh and Fancy posted this recipe earlier this week, I decided to try it out last night!

I forgot to take a picture of our dinner last night, so I just used her picture. :) Ours turned out pretty much just like this. I think I used the same bag of frozen veggies {green beans, corn, carrots, peas} that she used!


Oh. My....This was probably the best Chicken Fried Rice I've ever had. Not even joking! For all the Abilenians reading this, it is right on up there to Fuji's fried rice. It's THAT good!

4 cups cooked white rice

3 eggs

2 Tbs. cooking oil

2 Tbs. butter

2 cups frozen mixed veggies (peas, carrots, corn)

1/2 bunch green onions chopped

salt, pepper, garlic powder (season to taste)

4 Tbs. Soy Sauce

3 chicken breasts (cooked)


1. Heat butter & oil in wok. 
2. Add cooked rice, frozen veggies, green onions, salt, pepper, garlic powder & saute for 5 minutes on medium/high heat. 
3. Scramble eggs in separate pan. 
4. Then, add eggs, soy sauce and chopped cooked chicken breast to pan. 
5. Saute for 5 -10 minutes on medium heat.  
Add more more salt, pepper, garlic, or soy sauce to your preference.  

*Makes about 3 to 4 servings.


Man, oh man...We LOVED this dinner. This recipe will be a keeper for the recipe binder, for sure!
Thanks for sharing, Amy!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you liked it!! Hopefully we'll be seeing you soon! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to try this this week! It seems so easy and looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this recipe a few nights ago and really liked it! We added some broccoli to ours along with the bag of other frozen veggies. We also added as a side some egg rolls. Even had left overs for another meal, which is always something I look for in a recipe (I love not having to cook the next night). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete