Wednesday, May 16, 2012

How to keep your Fruit Fresh!

A few weeks ago my Mom shared this tip for keeping your fruit from going moldy that’s recently changed our lives.  Well, at least when it comes to eating fresh fruit!
The worst thing in the world is spending money on delicious fresh strawberries or grapes and then 2 days later when you pull them out of the fridge to eat, you find mold! Ew! So, what’s the trick? Well, I’ve tried this trick a few times with my fresh fruit & it’s worked well so far! So, I thought I’d share this little piece of wisdom…Thanks Mom for sharing this with me!
IMG_8795
Prepare a mixture of 1 part Vinegar (White Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar) and 10 parts water. Dump your berries into the mixture and swish them all around.  Drain the mixture and rinse your berries/fruit if you want, then pop in the fridge! {Rinsing isn’t really necessary because the water/vinegar mixture is so diluted, you really can’t taste the vinegar.}
IMG_8797

The Vinegar kills any mold spores or bacteria that could be on the fruit.  This trick has kept our fruit fresh in the fridge for close to a week longer! Hope this little tip comes in handy for you, too!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea - will have to try this after the give move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for a great idea. I hate throwing out produce and it seems to go bad so fast! I will try to remember to do this next time :)

    ReplyDelete