Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bluebonnets in FULL Bloom!

Kyle and I arrived back in the Big D yesterday! We pulled up in front of our house in style driving a BRAND NEW…15 foot Budget Truck. Ha!  We were in Chicago this past weekend visiting family.  Kyle’s parents & grandmother generously gave us some furniture to help fill up our new home & we are so thankful!   The truck we rented just happened to be brand new. Score! More on our Chicago trip in the next post.  Let’s talk about Abilene, Abilene, The Prettiest Town I’ve ever seen….


The weekend before, we went to Abilene for Easter to see my family!
While we were there, the bluebonnets were in FULL bloom, so, what did this Fowler family do?

I could tell you, but why don’t you see for yourself?!
Family picture in bluebonnets
IMG_8280IMG_8284
IMG_8291IMG_8362
IMG_8358
Kyle LOVED posing for pictures with me. In fact he said, “This is like taking Engagement Pictures all over again.” Ha! Since he is originally from Illinois, I don’t know if he really understands the purpose of the tradition of taking annual Bluebonnet pictures. Nevertheless, he was a trooper & participated without a complaint. Thanks, dear!

The one above turned out to be my favorite!

Stay tuned to hear all about our adventure to Chicago this past weekend.
Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. wow those are absolutely gorgeous!! a fwe of my friends who live in texas have been posting photos of the blue bonnet on facebook and i am absolutely amazed. they are so beautiful. now i want to visit texas just to see the bluebonnets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should visit Texas! Except if you want to see the bluebonnets, you'll have to come next year around the end of March/beginning of April. Sadly, the season is already over for this year...

      Delete
  2. Those flowers are gorgeous! Such amazing pictures! Who can't look at that beauty and see that God is real!

    BTW: I nominated you for an award on my blog (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jumping pic! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! I wish we had some of those flowers around here, they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete