Friday, June 8, 2012

Master Bedroom Tour

To continue the tour of our house, we’ll take a sneak peak at the Master Bedroom! This room comes in a close tie with our Family Room as “my favorite room” of the house.  I’ve loved putting it altogether! I stumbled upon the Barbara Barry duvet cover last year at Bed Bath & Beyond and got it as a Christmas present from my hubby! ( Our first duvet set is being used in our Guest Room). I love the Barbara Barry print and I also love how it fits with the bed skirt, sheets and euro pillows that I already had for our bed!

Come on in…hope you like it!
IMG_9203
We got lucky because the previous owners had painted the room the color that you see. We loved it & decided to keep it that color! Our calming creams, grays & teals fit right in perfectly. We were also very fortunate to inherite the beautiful chandelier with this room. {Thanks previous owners for leaving it!} It really sets this room apart. I love the medallion & the way the light reflects off the ceiling.

IMG_9206
A lot of things in this room are DIY (surprise, surprise!)…including the headboard. Last summer, I really wanted a bedroom set. I mostly just wanted our bedroom to tie in together a little better.  We even went to look at a few bedroom sets, but ended up deciding we didn’t want to spend the money when we could make it ourselves & make it the way we REALLY wanted it. This was probably the first project that kicked off this blog.  You can see the tutorial for how I made our fabric-tufted headboard, here. 

IMG_9219IMG_9222
This chair is the most comfortable chair you will ever sit in! It was given to us by Kyle’s sweet “Gammy” when she moved into her new retirement home.  It matches really well in our room! She is so generous and gave us some beautiful pieces of furniture that we are able to use throughout the house!
This little corner in our bedroom is my favorite corner of the house. I usually sit here in the mornings and have my quiet times, drink a cup of coffee & listen to some uplifting worship music.  It’s the perfect place to start my day! Of course, sometimes this chair acquires piles of laundry, but at least its multi-functional, right?!

IMG_9231
IMG_9227IMG_9230
Here is the dresser I refinished a few months ago! Click here to see the before & after pictures! This dresser was my grandmother’s a looonnng time ago. Then, it was my Dad’s when he was a little boy. After that, it was mine when I was little. Finally, after all of the hand-me-downs, it sat in a garage for years. Once we bought our house & had a little bit more space, I brought it back home with me & made it new again!
And, if you look closely, you can see our little "prayer wall" on an old vintage shutter.

IMG_9233
Here is the picture gallery wall that I finished recently! It includes some of our favorite photos.. I love looking at this each day!

IMG_9236
Thanks for stopping by and touring our master bedroom! Have a wonderful weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! Love your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gallery wall! The whole bedroom is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your picture gallery wall...I may copy that idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job girl! You have quite the touch! Keep the posts coming...Angelique Moore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bethany this looks great! You are doing such a great job as a wife and homemaker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Bethany! Your bedroom looks great!
    Wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! Head over to my page to check out the details :)
    http://jennaandcalder.wordpress.com/2012/06/10/one-lovely-blog-nomination/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it all! Such a beautiful room Bethany. You really did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the duvet cover and rug together! Where did you get the rug?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the rug and duvet cover! Where did you get the rug?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Kelly! The rug is from Target and the duvet cover is from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. It is the Barbara
    Barry line.

    ReplyDelete