Thursday, June 14, 2012

Washer & Dryer Shelf

Happy Thursday, EVERYONE!

Just wanted to share my most recent favorite project {thanks to the DIY sidekick, once again!}

 

A while back, I had pinned this laundry room on Pinterest because I loved the shelf over the washer & dryer.

After seeing this, I thought, “what a GREAT idea…why didn’t I think of that?!” 

So, we created one of our own…

PicMonkey Collage 2

After digging in our “big hall closet that no one else is allowed to open because it’s such a mess,” I found a couple white shelves from college that I’ve had all these years.  Kyle measured and cut them to size. With a little glue and a few brackets from Home Depot, we created our own little shelf above our washer and dryer!

IMG_9260

On the shelf, I set a mason jar for spare change when I’m checking pockets & about to start a load of clothes.  The other jar has pens in it {we ALWAYS need a pen & can never seem to find one around here… it will be nice to have a “go-to” place for them now}

IMG_9267IMG_9269

IMG_9272

The two baskets hold a variety of items as well.  The small basket on the right is our “coupon basket” & the one on the left is a variety of things… {scissors, paperclips, flashlights, etc.}

IMG_9259

I also have to show you our awesome light fixture in this room {thanks to the previous owners…once again!}

IMG_9292IMG_9310

Isn’t it adorable?

 

Ultimately, I’d like to add a few more things to this room like an “organization station” to keep track of incoming mail & a calendar to keep up with our schedule. I’d also like to paint stripes in this room someday… we will see!

To date, we have conquered 2 projects in this room:

1. DIY Laundry Rack {click here to see}

2. Washer & Dryer Shelf

IMG_9288

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love this shelf! Adorable, plus I think it'd be pretty simple to do in my place! Love it! Thanks for the idea!

    -Sarah
    [life of love]

    ReplyDelete